Our food and beverage client is currently seeking a Production Supervisor for its processing facility located in BC. The Production Supervisor is a leader who will promote a teamwork culture and successfully manage the daily production process to achieve targets in the most effective manner.
- Provide leadership where employees are engaged contributors to producing quality product and add to the success of the company.
- Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to safely and cost efficiently achieve production targets as agreed with leadership team.
- Ensure that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in the area. Practice and enforce HACCP requirements.
- Review daily achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings.
- Coach, mentor and develop each team member to meet current and future business requirements.
- Complete regular performance evaluations.
- Prioritize, schedule, and ensure maintenance & repairs are completed to maximize efficiency.
- Review daily maintenance effectiveness with maintenance team to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes, eliminate waste and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with established occupational health and safety standards and legislation.
-Comply with all safety policy, accident prevention and compliance programs. Review work areas for potential issues and participate in resolving identified concerns.
- Facilitate seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management.
- Understand internal and external regulations, procedures & policies and apply them fairly and consistently.
- 3 - 5 years of supervisory experience
- Previous food manufacturing experience an asset
- Related post-secondary education
- Action oriented and proactive in coaching, empowering, and problem solving with others
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills
- Ability to deal with front-line employee challenges in a proactive manner
- Knowledge of GMPs within a food manufacturing environment
- Self-starter with high standards for excellence who requires minimal direct supervision
- Proficient in MS Office Suite - including Excel & Access
- Lean Manufacturing, TPM, Six Sigma strongly desired
7058B Farrell Road S.E., Calgary, Alberta Canada T2H 0T2